Sunday, May 16, 2010

How to grow Spearmint seeds indoors?

I have a pack of Burpee Spearmint seeds I got at walmart and I was wondering if I could grow them inside and how... the instructions state: 8-10 weeks before the last spring frost. Lightly cover and keep moist until germination occurs, usually in 7-14 days at 70 Degrees.. Transplant to individual containers when seedlings have at least two pairs of leaves. After last frost, set out in garden, spacing about 18 inches apart..





Is there any way I can keep it indoors ...





How

How to grow Spearmint seeds indoors?
I had some spearmint growing inside. I had two pots of them growing, but they unfortunately died because I was gone for too long and they did not get water. :( I have some other herbs growing right now - basil, marjoram, chives, and parsley. I would like to try growing spearmint again if I can ever find the seeds... I started my spearmint plants in a four inch pot which I misted every day being careful not to overwater. Use saran wrap or an actual greenhouse for germination. High humidity is great for increased germination. I am currently germinating some ponytail palm and bird of paradise seeds. I really hope they work, as I do not have tons of gardening experience. Good luck, and I hope I was some help!
Reply:Sure, Just find a 6 to 8-inch deep plastic container big enough to hold all the seeds you want to germinate and place about 3-inches of topsoil or vermiculite inside.





I would wet down the topsoil first before planting the seeds to avoid the water washing them all together in a corner of the container. Cover the container lid with plastic wrap and make sure it is sealed tight. No light needed, just keep it warm. You'll have to transplant to different containers after they have those first two pair of leaves.





Follow the instructions on your package.

How much to charge as a Nanny?

No comments:

Post a Comment