Friday, May 21, 2010

It rained hard yesterday and my herb stalks are now limp and hanging. will they grow straight again?

Well, basically, I keep my herbs in trough boxes and they grow nice and full. But yesterday, it rained really hard and when i got home, my tall stalk herbs were limp and actually hanging from the side of the pot. Like my spearmints, apple mints and pineapple mints are all sagging. I just want to know if they'll grow straight and tall again and how soon that will take.





Also... what can I do to prevent this in the future?!

It rained hard yesterday and my herb stalks are now limp and hanging. will they grow straight again?
Yes, they should recover after two or three days of nice weather. The only way to prevent this in the future is to provide some shelter to the plants during bad weather (ie. move the boxes inside, place a patio umbrella over top, something like that).


No comments:

Post a Comment