Saturday, November 14, 2009

Does spearmint raise your temperature?

My daughter has the flu and has been fighting 103+ fever for about 5 days. Took her to the doctors, they said it was viral and would have to "run it's course". Well, to keep the temp down, but yet help her breathing, I would put her in a lukewarn bath with some bubble bath that I had scented with Eucalyptous and Spearmint. Someone told me that I shouldn't have done that because spearmint raises temperature. Has anyone ever heard of this?





This person has a history of pulling my leg so I never know if I can take what they say seriously.

Does spearmint raise your temperature?
Absolutely not. Spearmint wouldn't raise your temperature.


But don't bathe your kid if she has 103 temperature, especially not in some kind of eucalyptus junk or whatever. Just let her rest and give her fluids.


Also, if she still has a 103 temp after 5 days, you should call the doc again or take her back in (unless you just did) 5 days is a LONG time for a fever that high that could be very dangerous

Teeth Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment