Sunday, May 16, 2010

Does anyone remember the Martha Stewart Spearmint Candle? They stopped making them and I am trying to recreate

Hi, Kmart carries a line of candles by Martha Stewart. They are great and very inexpensive. They had a spearmint candle that they discontinued a few years ago. I make candles and am trying to recreate it, but I can't! It was called "Spearmint" and thats it, but there was something else in there, an additional scent. I have tried adding lavender and other scents to recreate it, but I just can't! Does anyone know where they still sell these or has anyone ever had this candle? I am trying to either find out what the missing smell is or buy the candles if anyone has any. I doubt I will get any answers to this question, but I have been trying for like 4 years now, so I figure it's worth a shot. Thank you!

Does anyone remember the Martha Stewart Spearmint Candle? They stopped making them and I am trying to recreate
I not familiar with this candle, but have you gone to the Martha Stewart website. They have a community forum, blogs, etc. You may be able to find some information there, or at least send a message to the people in charge, and get your candle back on the market.
Reply:This is a recipe I found for Jelly Jar candles on MS's website. It lists some ingredients you can add. I'm guessing you can also add spearmint to this. Maybe it will be close to what you are looking for. Good luck.





To begin, fix a wick with a metal wick tab to the bottom of a jar using plumbers' or wick putty; suspend the wick from a pencil laid across the top of the jar. Place some bleached beeswax (1 pound fills four or five 8-ounce jars) in a double boiler, and heat to 135 degrees (check with a candy thermometer). Remove wax from heat, and stir in about 50 drops of a pure, oil-based plant essence, such as lavender, sandalwood, or jasmine. (The exact amount will depend on the oil's intensity and your own preference.) Pour wax into jars; set jars in a cold-water bath to cool. Add more wax as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment