Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How do you kill spearmint in your garden?

My neighbor (behind) has a flower bed against my fence where my flower bed is. His flower bed is over grown and not taken care of. His spearmint, and everything else, is taking over my beds and driving me nuts. How do I kill this stuff?

How do you kill spearmint in your garden?
You could just harvest it and eat it.





Defensively, the best thing to do is get a large piece of plastic that you can push in to the ground to extend your fence DOWN below the earth about 8-12 inches. Cut off the roots and pull what's already invaded.





Offensively, you can always douse them with roundup. But make sure your flowers are covered whilst you spray, and keep them covered for about a day afterwords. (Loose clear plastic, so they still get air and light!)

isotoner slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment